Communication Officer Opportunity
Are you passionate about communication? Are you interested in interregional cooperation and keen to work with policymakers? Do you want to further explore the world of aviation policies?
Get a unique work experience with the Airport Regions Conference, in a flexible, innovative and friendly environment!
Who we are
The Airport Regions Conference (ARC) is an association of regional and local authorities across Europe with an international airport situated within or near their territories. The ARC brings together a wide range of expertise at the interface of air transport and local and regional policies. A common concern is to balance the economic benefits generated by the airports with their environmental impact.
The ARC works through the involvement of its members, and through a small Brussels-based Secretariat. The Secretariat focuses on communication, project applications and management, and lobby. The person is meant to work in Brussels, within the ARC Secretariat.
What will our communication officer do?
He/she will support EU project communication activities and event organisation. Other tasks include daily communication activities, development of newsletters, website management, and electronic communications.
The ideal candidate
- Knowledge and/or experience in working with EU funded projects (Interreg, Horizon 2020)
- Ability to write, proofread and edit texts applicable to reach multiple stakeholders
- Experience in graphic design with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Experience in working with content management systems (e.g. WordPress) and digital media tools (e.g. MailChimp).
- Social media creativity and experience
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken. Any other language is a plus.
- Interest in and sound understanding of the EU decision making process and passionate about the aviation sector.
- Well-organised and autonomous individual
The team is small, dedicated, and multinational. Our working language is English. We consider attitude as paramount to the good functioning of the organisation.
Rather than specific diplomas or specialisations, we are looking for someone who will fit in our team and with the interest to develop autonomous work. The chosen candidate should also be willing to provide and defend innovative and fresh ideas whilst still understanding and complying with the organisation constraints.
What we offer
- Possibility to develop talent and gain experience;
- An excellent working atmosphere;
- Possibility to grow own network of professional contacts;
- Competitive compensation package including transport and lunch vouchers;
- An office in the European Quarter of Brussels;
- Occasional travel to project meetings throughout Europe;
- 6-month contract with possibility of prolongation to a longer-term contract or indeterminate
Interested candidates should submit their CV and motivation letter by e-mail to Marius Nicolescu, ARC Secretary General at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15 February 2019. Please use the following title in your e-mail subject: ARC Communication Officer Application 2019.
Interviews will be conducted in the second part of February and the ideal start date of the successful applicant is April 1, 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.