LAirA (Landside Airports Accessibility) is a new Interreg Central Europe project that has started in May 2017. The Airport Regions conference is participating to this project as the communication partner, being in charge of the communication work package. The ARC’s role is to lead the communication activities of the project, to disseminate the LAirA outcomes and to manage the stakeholders involved in the project.
LAirA addresses the specific and significant challenge of the multimodal, smart and low carbon mobility integration of airports and airport landside access in the mobility systems of Central Europe. The project’s objective is to reduce the energy use and the environmental impacts of transport activities in airports and hinterlands. LAirA is planning to achieve its objective by changing mobility behaviours of airports passengers and employees and by building novel strategies of public entities in low carbon mobility planning. LAirA integrates seven key thematic areas: Electric mobility, Air-Rail links, Walking & cycling, Shared mobility, Intelligent Transport Systems, Wayfinding, Road Public Transport.
LAirA is financially supported by the European Union’s Interreg Central Europe programme, which is an EU cohesion policy programme that encourages cooperation beyond borders. LAirA is a 30-months project with a total budget of €2.3 million.
The project consortium is formed of 10 project partners and 5 associated partners. Our partners in this project are the following:
- Municipality of 18th District of Budapest (Lead Partner)
- Budapest Airport Ltd.
- Bologna Airport
- Regional Government of the Mazowieckie Voivodeship
- Stuttgart Region Economic Development Corporation
- Dubrovnik Airport Ltd.
- City of Dubrovnik Development Agency
- Airport Regions Conference
- AustriaTech Ltd. – Federal Agency for Technological Measures
- City of Poznan
- Stuttgart Region
- SRM – Networks and Mobility (Public Transport Authority Bologna)
- Flughafen Wien AG
- BKK Centre for Budapest Transport
- Warsaw/Modlin Airport
Our team dedicated entirely to LAirA project is formed of:
- Project Manager – Lea Bodossian
- Financial Manager – Petra Holm
- Communication Manager – Alexandra Covrig
Stay tuned with us and follow our progress via our social media accounts and website:
For questions regarding the project, feel free to contact:
- the ARC – Alexandra Covrig, ARC Project & Communication Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- the lead partner at email@example.com.